To apply to the program, please first create an account on the Graduate Admissions website. Then you will be able to upload the material necessary to be considered for admission. Please indicate “Jenkins Biophysics” for the Program/Department.
Applicants should have their profiles completed by December 15, when the evaluation process begins. Interviews will be conducted via Skype, and admission decisions can be expected starting in January.
- Transcript of coursework and grades from undergraduate institution. For schools outside the U.S., transcripts should be submitted through one of these services:
- Three letters of recommendation. These letters should describe past academic achievements and research experience, as well as drive and intellectual potential for carrying out independent research as a graduate student.
- A personal statement. The candidates should describe what motivates them to pursue a PhD in biophysics. What scientific areas are of particular interest, and what background or training is relevant for appreciating the candidate’s strengths?
- GRE test scores. Both general and relevant subject tests are not required but are strongly recommended, as they allow us to better evaluate each candidate.
- For candidates whose native language is not English, proficiency in English speaking, writing, and comprehension. Results from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examinations should be directly sent to the Graduate Admissions and Enrollment Office.
- For IELTS, Institution Name: Johns Hopkins University, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences; Country: USA; All IELTS testing centers should be able to send scores electronically. For more information, please visit ielts.org.
- For TOEFL, use Institution Code: 5332. For more information, please visit ets.org/toefl/.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to the program administrator, Nicole Goode, at email@example.com.
Additional information on international students applying to Johns Hopkins University can be found at http://grad.jhu.edu/apply/international-students/